Source: Trams Down Under
Source: Transport for NSW
Client: John Holland Group
Location: New South Wales
Duration: 2012 – 2015
Scope of works
The South West Rail Link includes:
- a new 11.4-kilometre rail line from Glenfield to Leppington
- two new stations located at Edmondson Park and Leppington, including commuter car parking
- a train stabling facility at Rossmore
- an upgrade of the existing Glenfield Station and bus/rail interchange, including new commuter car parking construction of Glenfield North and Glenfield South rail flyovers
Incorporated in the civil works is the movement of 1,000,000 cubic metres of earth, the delivery of retaining walls, five overbridges and seven underbridges, including an underpass beneath the Hume Highway.
Upon completion the South West Rail Link will improve access to public transport for the people of south-west Sydney, providing a link to major employment centres including Liverpool, Parramatta and the Sydney CBD.
O’Halloran Management Services Engagement
During the project, O’Halloran Management Services has worked under the Transport for New South Wales safety policies and protocols which has been enforced by John Holland Group.
O’Halloran Management Services ensures all safety documentation and procedures are consistently updated to meet the requirements of both Transport for New South Wales and John Holland Groups policies.
O’Halloran management services currently provide:
- 4ton – 25ton Excavators
- Skid Steer plant
- Non-destructive excavation
- Specialised trucks including;
- Flat Bed
- Tipper Truck (side-tip included)
- 12t Multi-tip Dumpers
- Balloon Tyre Dumpers
- Hi-Rail equipment including;
- Hi-Rail Excavators
- Hi-Rail Vacuum Trucks
- Hi-Rail 12t Multi-tip Dumpers
- Hi-Rail Crane Truck
- Hi-Rail Tipper Truck (side tip included)
- Hi-Rail Troop Carrier
- Hi-Rail Telehandler